The 5 Cheapest Cell Phone Plans in 2022
The past couple of years has been a financial struggle for everyone. If you want to save significant money on your bills, switching to the cheapest cell phone plans this 2022 is a great way to save big bucks. Imagine paying hundreds of dollars in excess for your monthly cell phone plan bill and not even fully utilizing the features that come with it. Come on!
That’s a substantial monthly expense. What’s even worse is it adds up to a total of thousands of dollars per year! No wonder why many people search for better and cheaper cell phone plans online. Today, you’ll learn about the cheapest cell phone plans in 2022.
1. Unreal Mobile
First on the list and ranked as the lowest-priced cell phone plan in the US is Unreal Mobile. It’s one of the cheapest cell phone plans in 2022. The best part? They offer an unlimited plan at a meager monthly cost. Enjoy unlimited calls, texts, and additional cellular data, depending on your preference.
What’s best is even if you already have an Unreal Mobile number, you can keep your current phone number and have it registered to one of their affordable postpaid plans. Also, if you bring your phone, pay for your cell phone plan for two months and get your third month for free.
As for the pricing, Unreal Mobile starts at an affordable price of $15 per month. What’s best about the Unreal Mobile plan is that you can customize your services depending on your preference and needs. Typically, here are the postpaid plans offered by Unreal Mobile:
- $15 per month: Unlimited calls and texts plus 32GB of mobile data
- $20 per month: Unlimited calls and texts plus 8GB of mobile data
- $25 per month: Unlimited calls and texts plus 12GB of mobile data
- $40 for three months: Unlimited calls and texts plus 3GB of mobile data per month
- $60 for three months: Unlimited calls and texts plus 5GB of mobile data per month
- $100 for three months: Unlimited calls and texts plus 50GB of mobile data per month 1
Almost all cell phone plans of Unreal Mobile offer unlimited calls, and texts plus a generous amount of cellular data. Aside from that, you can expect to enjoy the perks of Unreal Mobile, like:
- No contract needed
- No activation fees and overages
- Free international calls for over 80 countries
- High-speed cellular data for the monthly cap of your choice
- Convenient online payment options
- 7-day money-back guarantee
2. Red Pocket
Red Pocket competes with Unreal Mobile on affordable cell phone plans in 2022. They’ve been driving down their cell phone plan costs for the past two years, and everybody loves it.
With a Red Pocket mobile plan, you can enjoy ample calling, texting, and high-speed data for an affordable price. With a Red Pocket cell phone plan, you can access the top four networks nationwide. This is to ensure total cell phone plan coverage. Also, for the first month of your cell phone plan, you can enjoy a discounted price.
Red Pocket plans usually start at $10 per month. You can customize your plan and choose from the following options:
- $10 per month: 500 minutes of calls, 500 texts, and 500MB of cellular data.
- $15 per month: 1000 minutes of calls, unlimited texts, and 1GB of cellular data.
- $19 per month: Unlimited calls and texts plus 32GB of mobile data.
- $30 per month: Unlimited calls and texts plus 8GB of mobile data.
- $40 per month: Unlimited calls and texts plus 20GB of mobile data.
- $60 per month: Unlimited calls, texts plus unlimited cellular data. 2
Discounted price on the first month
- $10 for the first month: Unlimited calls, texts, and 3GB of 5G cellular data. The plan renews at $20 the second month.
- $10 for the first month: Unlimited calls, texts, and 10GB 5G of cellular data. The plan renews at $30 the second month.
- $10 for the first month: Unlimited calls, texts, and 22GB 5G of cellular data. The plan renews at $40 the second month.
- $10 for the first month: Unlimited calls, texts, and 50GB 5G of cellular data. The plan renews at $50 the second month.
Aside from the affordable monthly plans offered by Red Pocket mobile, you can also enjoy great perks, offers, and features with your mobile plan. You can also enjoy these from Red Pocket:
- Fastest cellular data at 5G
- 100% Risk-Free Guaranteed
- Free international calls for over 80 countries
- No overages
- No contracts and credit checks
3. Consumer Cellular
Another affordable cell phone plan in 2022 is brought to you by Consumer Cellular. What you’ll love about Consumer Cellular is it isn’t just affordable, but it’s user-friendly, flexible, and convenient as well. In fact, Consumer Cellular is known in the US as the best cellular company for seniors because it’s user-friendly and has reliable service. What’s best about Consumer Cellular is you’ll enjoy strong nationwide coverage under the AT&T network.
With Consumer Cellular, you always have the freedom to customize your plan; whether you’re a frequent caller or texter or maybe not, you can choose a plan that best suits your needs and your budget. You can choose phone numbers, the line you prefer, and other inclusions on your cellular plan.
Consumer Cellular offers nothing but affordable cellular plans. That’s why many people have been transferring to the network for the past two years. For as low as $20 per month, you can enjoy 250 minutes of phone calls, unlimited texting, and 500MB of cellular data. If you want any addition to your cellular plan, you can always request it. Here are the extra costs for the following:
- $15 per month: For an additional line, best for family plans.
- $20 per month: For unlimited calls
- $10-$40 per month: You can choose an additional mobile data for 3GB to unlimited data
The cellular plans offered by Consumer Cellular can be completely customized. In addition, you can enjoy the following perks and features offered by Consumer Cellular:
- Add an additional line for friends or family for only $15 per month
- You have the option to change your plan inclusions anytime without paying any additional fees
- Enjoy AARP member discounts
- Fast web browsing and internet access on your mobile device
- Vast choices of user-friendly mobile phones especially for seniors or those who are uncomfortable with Apple or smartphones 3
4. Mint Mobile
Mint Mobile may be a newcomer as a network provider, but they do compete with their affordable offers. What you need to know about Mint Mobile is they offer low-priced cellular plans and astonishingly affordable limited-time promotions. They even offer discounts and promotions. But even without the discounts, they still offer incredibly low prices for monthly cellular plans, including internet data.
Mint Mobile offers many types of plans with different pricing and perks, all under $45. You can also customize your plan according to your monthly needs. Here are some of the mobile plans offered by Mint Mobile:
- $15 per month: Unlimited calls, texts plus 4GB cellular data or save big bucks for $45 for six months of service
- $20 per month: Unlimited calls, texts plus 10GB cellular data or save big bucks for $60 for six months of service
- $25 per month: Unlimited calls, texts plus 15GB cellular data or save big bucks for $75 for six months of service
- $30 per month: Unlimited calls, texts plus unlimited cellular data or save big bucks for $90 for six months of service
Aside from their affordable cellular plans, you get to enjoy their limited-time promotions. For instance, during the holidays, Mint Mobile offers a Holiday Sale that when you avail of a three-month plan, you get three months for free. This is a limited-time offer that requires activation within the first 45 days of purchase. 4
In addition to their affordable mobile plans, all the users of Mobile Mint can enjoy these perks:
- Risk-free plan with a 7-day money-back guarantee
- You can choose a three-month introductory plan before you’ll sign-up for the whole year
- Free calls to Mexico and Canada
- Free 3-in-1 sim card
- High-speed data internet
- Free mobile hotspot on unlimited plans
- You can keep your current phone or buy a new one
- You can keep your current number or get a new one
- Enjoy more discounts when you renew your plan annually
5. Republic Wireless
Last but definitely not the least network provider that offers the cheapest cell phone is Republic Wireless. The network provider aims to offer affordable plans for users to save a significant amount of money. With Republic Wireless, you only have to pay for the services you need because you can customize your plan the way you want it.
Republic Wireless offers several of the cheapest cell phone plans, all of which are affordable and a must-have. You can upgrade, downgrade and add any features anytime if you want to. To give you an idea, here are the several plans they offer:
- $15 per month: Unlimited calls and texts
- $20 per month: Unlimited calls and texts plus 1GB of data.
- $25 per month: Unlimited calls and texts plus 2GB of data.
On their site, you can even customize your plan. You can choose how many people will use the line. The more lines you get, the cheaper the monthly costs will be. For instance, for two lines, here are the best value plans you can enjoy:
- $30 per month for two lines: This is the perfect line for light data users. This includes unlimited calls and texts plus 1GB of data per line. Also, you can add $5 per 1GB per month.
- $60 per month for two lines: If you’re regularly using your phone for texting, calling, or internet browsing, this is the perfect plan for you. For two lines, you only have to pay $60 per month. The cellular plan includes unlimited calls, texts, and mobile data. In addition, it also includes 10GB of mobile hotspots and unlimited international texting.
- $90 per month for two lines: If you travel a lot and are constantly using your phone, this is the perfect plan you can acquire from Republic Wireless. The cellular plan for two lines includes unlimited texting, calling, and internet data. Additionally, you can enjoy 20GB of the mobile hotspot and unlimited international texting. 5
Republic Wireless offers these perks and advantages to its customers:
- 30-day satisfaction guarantee
- 14-day money-back guarantee
- No contracts or hidden fees
- Pick a plan, bring your own phone, or order one from us
- Flexible cell phone plans with the cellular data you need
- Nationwide coverage
Save Big Bucks on Your Cell Phone Plan Today!
Now there you have it! Stop spending thousands of dollars every year on a cellphone plan. You can do so much with that money! Switch to affordable cell phone plans today and choose from one of the five network providers mentioned above. Just keep in mind to choose a plan that you’ll fully utilize, so you’ll get what you pay for. Do your homework and research the cheapest cell phone plans in 2022. In no time, you’ll realize you’ll have significant savings.