Dental Implants Can Change Your Life — Guaranteed!
Losing a tooth is frightening but is unfortunately inevitable. If you don’t take care properly of your oral health, losing or damaging a tooth is possible. As a consequence, losing a tooth may affect a person’s self-esteem. But does it really have to be that way? The answer is a resounding NO! Thanks to dental implants, you can smile with confidence once again.
You don’t have to spend big bucks to have a beautiful smile. Thanks to innovative technology and breakthroughs in the medical field, you can have perfect-looking teeth without breaking the bank.
Dental implants have come a long way since the Revolutionary Times. From wooden dentures back in the day. To titanium screws used in the present, a visit to the dentist is a must if you have a missing tooth.
Dental implants have become more affordable. So why not aim for beautiful teeth? Speaking of pricing, how much should you really pay for teeth implants? The pricing depends on the area you live in. Dental implants may range from $1,500 to $3,000. Yes, it’s a bit pricey, but it’s a worthwhile investment if you’re talking about having that perfect smile.
What Are Dental Implants?
Before anything else, what are dental implants? A dental implant is a metal fixture placed in the jawbone below the gums where the artificial tooth is mounted. The metal fixture is anchored to the bone through a procedure called osseointegration.
The dental implant procedure is considered the best option to replace missing or damaged teeth. Is it painful? NO. The procedure is performed under general or local anesthesia to numb the mouth so you won’t feel anything. After the anesthesia wears off, there can be mild but tolerable pain.
With proper oral care, flossing, brushing, and regular dental check-ups, the metal implant may last a lifetime. However, the crown needs to be replaced every 10-20 years due to wear and tear1.
The Game-Changing Impacts of Dental Implants
If you lose a tooth or have a disfigured tooth, there are several tooth replacement options you can choose from. Some people opt for bridges or dentures. It may have a lower initial cost but will eventually need replacement after 5-10 years.
Unlike dental implants that are designed to last a lifetime and rarely need to be replaced. What’s not to like about teeth implants? You can have a more confident smile, and tasks like eating and speaking are more convenient.
Additionally, the procedure involves little to no discomfort. Dental implants remove the stigma of patients coming to the clinic with the fear of experiencing a painful procedure. Regardless of your age, you can have a dental implant.
Teeth Implants for Elderly People
No age is too old for dental implants. So even if you’re 70 or your grandparents are dealing with tooth loss, dental implants are the way to go. Teeth implants are an excellent way to handle tooth loss associated with aging.
Having teeth implants provide seniors the freedom and comfort of having natural teeth. Don’t sacrifice the joy of chewing your favorite meal or sharing your beautiful smile with the world. Look good while aging with a reliable and safe dental implant.
Evidence-Based Benefits of Teeth Implants
Research by the College of Dentistry at the University of Chicago, Illinois, has listed the major benefits of dental implants2. To name a few:
- Natural-looking teeth with a comfortable fit: Implants are specially designed to feel, look, and function just like your original teeth.
- Boost self-confidence and self-esteem: Having the extra confidence to eat, smile, and engage in social activities are major benefits of teeth implants. As compared to having dentures, where you constantly worry it might fall out.
- Reliable and long-lasting: Dental implants may last for many years with proper care and maintenance.
- High success rate: Dental implants have a high success rate as expected with the procedure’s outcome. Most people undergoing dental implants have a better quality of life after the procedure.
- Better eating and chewing: Since implants are anchored to the jaw bone, it does the same function as your original teeth. Additionally, over time, it will help preserve the integrity of the jaw bone. This will result in an improved ability to eat, chew and speak more clearly.
- Improved facial features: Through teeth implants, the natural tooth tissue is preserved. As a result, there is no need to opt for conventional bridgework. In addition, dental implants preserve and restore the bone structure. Thus, it will significantly improve facial features.
Aim for That Beautiful Smile Today
So what are you waiting for? Why prolong the agony of a missing tooth if you can achieve that beautiful smile today? After reading this post, your next move is to search for the best dentist in your area. You can simply search online and type the words ‘the best dental implants near me’ or ‘the best dentist near me’. Smile and be confident! Share your smile with the world with confidence!